Use This Guide To Craft A Cosy New Living Room
Severe. Harsh. Spartan. These are just a few of the words that have never been used to describe the ideal living room. And yet, for too many people, they aptly describe a sad reality.
Is your couch uncomfortable? Are your cushions prickly? Is something about your lighting just not quite right? It’s time to make a change. You only get one life, and you shouldn’t have to spend it in a sub-par living room. Read on, and we’ll help you achieve the ultimate comfort with modern cosy living room ideas.
Sofa? So good for making your living room feel cosy
Socrates had many great quotes, but perhaps the most famous is “the unexamined life is not worth living.” Less well known, but no less true, is this pearl of wisdom: “the uncomfortable couch is not worth living room floor space”.
The single most effective way to make your living room feel cosier is to invest in a comfy new couch. And you don’t have to compromise on style when maximising snuggliness; with dozens of designs to choose from, we can help you find a lounge that looks as good as it feels.
Make yourself at home with some personalised decor
Why don’t hotel rooms ever feel cosy? One reason is that there’s no personalised decor. The art is generic, and all the furnishings are as bland and inoffensive as possible.
It’s your house, so make yourself feel at home with art that you love. But don’t stop there; there are countless ways to add your own personal touch to your living room decor:
- Scented candles
- Displays and bookcases
- Photos of loved ones
Colour yourself comfortable with a beautiful colour palette
It’s hard to relax when you’re living in a garish eyesore. Keep clashing colours to a minimum in your living room to create an easy living space.
- Avoid: Bleak or aggressive tones, like black, or hi-vis orange. Similarly, an overly-busy wallpaper can make you feel on edge.
- Embrace: Soothing colours, like blues, greens, and browns. Also, a charming wallpaper (inspired by the arts and crafts movement, perhaps) will work wonders.
Upgrade your furniture to get the next level of cosiness
A chair is all well and good for sitting, but if you really want to achieve the pinnacle of cosy living, try something a little more horizontal. Pop your feet up and lean right back in a delightful new recliner.
Shine a new light on your cosy new living room
There are two main categories for interior lighting:
- Cold, blueish lights: Often emitted via fluorescent bulb, this sort of light is commonly used in offices and supermarkets. It’s not especially cosy.
- Warm, reddish lights: These lights are better suited to the home, and can help to create a relaxing mood.
With the right lighting, your home will feel cosier. Experiment with some new bulbs, some new lamps, and some new lamp tables.
Create sections for living
There’s no use having a snug living room if you never get to use it. Use new furniture to create sections and zones that will inspire activity. For example:
- A reading nook: With a small table, a chair, and a lamp, this is the perfect space for unwinding with a book.
- A work station: When people have to work from home, it’s often done austere and ad hoc at the kitchen table. There is a better way; set up a cosy little work station in the living room so you can be snug and productive simultaneously.
You can enjoy a cosy new living room without straining your finances
With Afterpay and Openpay, you can make improvements to your living room sooner. You can buy now, pay later, and collapse into the loving arms of your comfy furniture as soon as possible. And with our super fast delivery, that’s very soon indeed.