Furniture Galore want you to have a fulfilling shopping experience where we understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased in one of our stores. To assist you, we have set out below our warranties and returns policy.
All products sold by furniture galore are covered by a 12 month warranty. (see 12 month warranty)
Some lounge furniture comes with an additional structural warranty. (see structural warranty)
All goods purchased from Furniture Galore come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1. In this document:
a. “ACL” means the Australian Consumer Law.
b. “As Is” means a Product sold in the state that is displayed in, including any defects which have brought to your attention.
c. “Manufacturer’s Guarantee” means an express guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer of a Product.
d. “Product” means a product sold or supplied by Furniture Galore to You directly as a consumer.
e. “Structure” means the timber frame where the context dictates, it also includes webbing (lower seat foundation) it does not include seat springs, foams in the upper seat foundation nor does it include mechanisms. The term ‘structural’ has a corresponding meaning.
f. “Furniture Galore”, “Us” or “Our” means Furniture Galore ACN 104 350 558.
g. “Tax Invoice” means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products.
h. “Warranty” means this warranty against defects for a Product sold or supplied to You by Us.
i. “Warranty Period” means the period described in your Tax Invoice that we warrant your Product will remain free of defects.
j. “You” means the person to whom the Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
2. Terms defined in this document have the same meaning when used in your Tax Invoice.
3. This Warranty is in addition to all of the rights you have under the ACL or any Manufacturer’s Guarantee.
Some lounge and Dining products come with a Manufacturers warranty, however Furniture Galore warranty overrides these warranties.
Do you need to make a claim?
All warranty claims need to be emailed to our customer service team.
For any questions regarding a new warranty claim please complete the form below (make sure you have your invoice number with you).
You will be responded to within 3 days of email being received.
4. Furniture Galore warrants that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period described on the back of your Tax Invoice.
5. Warranty Periods commence from the date of delivery of goods purchased on your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Warranty, the Warranty Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Warranty Period for the original Product, a further warranty period is not granted.
12 Month Warranty Coverage
Furniture Galore covers all furniture whether it be fully assembled or Ready to assemble against defects in materials, manufacture or workmanship for 12 months from date of delivery. The 12 month warranty covers all seat foundations including covers, stitching, zippers and foams. Customer acknowledges that the goods are for household use and any commercial, institutional, rental trade or other non household use voids this warranty. Defects must be reported or claimed within 7 to 10 days of noticing. Issues that are left un reported can cause further damage and will be considered in any claims.
The 12 Month warranty does not cover
· Damage caused as a result of Incorrect assembly.
· Misuse, neglect or abuse of the goods.
· Damage caused from Improper storage.
· Any use of toxic cleaning products that are not specifically recommended for its type.
· Transportation costs to country areas (outside metro).
· Transportation costs outside 20kms from the store of purchase.
· Fair wear and tear.
· Non reported issues that have escalated from minor to major.
· Transportation costs for goods picked up from store or warehouse.
Ready to Assembled Goods and Legs on Lounges
Customers should note that on delivery of R.T.A. stock goods should be checked for any damage or missing parts or defects prior to assembly, once goods are assembled claims for damaged or missing parts may not be recognised.
All issues must be reported to store of purchase within 2 days of receiving goods. Missing Parts can be reported to the store of purchase.
Lounge furniture is delivered in heavy wrapping for protection of furniture, legs are enclosed in lounge and can be attached easily, if customer orders legs to be attached they must make sure there is ample room for entry through doorways. Rubber or felt stickers are recommended for underneath legs to protect floor, these can be purchased at supermarkets and hardware stores.
Frame and structural warranties for lounge furniture
The benefits provided by the guarantees offered below are in addition to the rights and remedies available to you as a consumer under Australian consumer law Structural Warranty: provides coverage for the seat webbing and timber framework, for additional peace of mind, see table below:
100% leather lounges – 12 month full warranty, 5 year structural warranty.
ALL lounges under $1000 12 month full warranty, 2 year structural warranty
ALL lounges under $500 12 month full warranty, 1 year structural warranty.
ALL other lounges – 12 month full warranty, 3 year structural warranty
Warranties are per item sold, not by total invoice. Each item is treated individually.
The structural warranty does not cover
· Damage caused as a result of Incorrect assembly
· Misuse, neglect or abuse of the goods
· Damage caused from Improper storage
· Any use of toxic cleaning products that are not specifically
· Recommended for its type
· Metal actions, mechanisms and electric motors.
· Transportation costs
· Fair wear and tear
· Non reported issues that have escalated from minor to major
· Transportation (over 12 months)
Scope of Warranty
6. Unless deemed a MAJOR fault, this Warranty covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Warranty Period.
7. The remedies offered under this Warranty are available only to the original purchaser (or beneficiary) of a Product and are not transferrable.
8. Where a “Major Defect” in the Product occurs within the first 12 months of a Warranty Period, we will at your option, replace the Product or repair it or provide a refund for the faulty product.
9. Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Warranty Period which:
a. does not constitute a Major Defect; or
b. is a Major Defect which is identified after the first 12 months of the Warranty Period.
we will at our option, replace the Product, repair the Product or provide you with a refund.
10. A Major Defect occurs when:
a. the Product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully aware of the nature and extent of the defect; or
b. the Product departs in a significant respect from any description, sample or model; or
c. the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
d. the Product is unsafe.
Scuff marks, fabric pilling, loose stitching, tears to dust covers & small tears, softening of foam, generally will not constitute a Major Defect under this Warranty.
11. Furniture Galore s liability under this Warranty does not extend to:
a. damage, failure, fading, lor deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
b. damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions. (See furniture galore correct product care, correct care is essential to claims made against the warranty)
c. damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
d. breakage or damage to glass table tops or mirrors; or
e. damage caused by Acts of God; or
f. defects in Products sold “As Is” which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
12. Notwithstanding any other wording on your Tax Invoice, the applicable Warranty Period for both the Structure and covering of Products sold “As Is are as follows”:
a. for those sold for less than $250, a period of 3 months.
b. for those sold between $250 and $500, a period of 6 months.
c. all other products have a 12 month warranty.
All mattresses have their own warranties as specified on mattress label. Soiled mattresses cannot be inspected or returned due to O.H.S regulations. Mattresses must be turned and rotated on a regular basis, and regular vacuuming and steam cleaning combined with use of mattress protector is recommended. Transport charges applicable for returns after 12 months and disposal of old mattress is not included. Prior to returning a mattress for repair, proof of steam cleaning must be provided due to health and safety regulations. A soiled mattress cannot be handled by our suppliers or staff. Mattresses that are moved from house to house and not properly secured or damaged as a result of moving are not covered in any Mattress warranty.
Proof of purchase
When seeking a refund, exchange or to repair a product that you have purchased from Furniture Galore, you must provide us with proof of your purchase. Proof of purchase includes:
• Tax Invoice.
• Receipt or Delivery Note for online purchases. Unfortunately, a confirmation email is not sufficient proof of purchase.
• Finance documentation.
Whilst Furniture Galore will make every effort to locate transaction receipts through our system if you have lost or misplaced your tax invoice, we will only accept a bank or credit card statement if the amount on that statement directly corresponds to the amount for which the product in question was purchased. Multiple item purchases in one transaction will limit our ability to establish proof of purchase.
All REFUNDS MUST BE AUTHORISED
• Your original tax invoice or receipt is the best form of proof of purchase.
• Refunds will be processed using the original payment method. If you purchased using a credit card, any refund will be processed to that card.
• Refunds are only available to the customer whose personal details are noted on the tax invoice.
• Refunds will not be available for the purchase of gift cards OR a change of mind.
• Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
• Please return any and all accessories and manuals supplied with product returned.
• When a refund is authorised by Furniture galore for a “major defect” and the claim falls outside of the warranty period an amount for fair use will be applied and deducted from the refund amount, transportation charges also apply.
When a return is authorised, Furniture Galore will accept product returns and provide you with credit, refund or repair where:
• The product is not of merchantable quality, or
• The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
• The product does not match the sample or our description.
• No refund will be given on free or bonus items.
Note: When seeking a refund proof of purchase is required.
Defects and Damages
Your entitlement to a refund, repair or replacement for defective or damaged goods is outlined in our warranty document. All faults or defects should be reported to Furniture Galore within 7 days of the defect or fault appearing to avoid any further damage. When a product is assessed as repairable, the product must be returned in clean and hygenic state so our staff can carry out the necessary repairs. In some cases after assessment, upholstered goods will require professional cleaning prior to picking up.